Wednesday, April 27, 2011

On to the next one: Bitoy's next ultra - TNF 100 Camsur



After much hype, TNF100 in Camsur is a go on Saturday, Apr 30th. This is supposed to be my first ultramarathon (100 kms) but I was too weak to resist the fantastic race called Mayon 360. This is the most expensive race in the Philippines I have ever joined. The registration fee amounts to P3,500. That's steep considering it is just a local race. Good thing I registered early and got a free roundtrip bus ride to Camsur and a cool sun visor cap. 


I am not sure but I feel undertrained for this one. The longest run I had was in the 80km race I did in Albay. But the difference is that the Mayon run was a road race while TNF 100 is a trail one. We are given 30 hrs to finish and since it's my first trail run, I wish to finish it in 24 hours. I don't have any concrete plan yet but I plan to bring sufficient provisions with me and will play it really really conservatively.


Whenever I venture into a new territory, I always feel jumpy and jittery. I know I should think positive and all that sunshine-y whatchamallit. Anyway, just to display my jumpiness, I would jump (sorry for the pun) to my wish list for Saturday's race:


1. Not to be dehydrated or suffer heat stroke or my stomach to act funny (that's a top priority)
2. Injury to spare me
3. Safety to be always by my side
4. A perfect weather meaning the sun to be a little gentler.
5. Not to get lost.
6. My fighting spirit to prevail when the going gets a lot tougher.
7. Enjoy the race and the beauty of nature along the way.
8. Safety for my fellow runners.
9. To be armed with the prayers and thoughts of my loved ones to carry me through the race.
10. The Lord to lead me through it and to the finish line. 


That's all for now. I have to resume packing and wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment