Saturday, May 21, 2011

Running Bitoy Will Run Happy for L. Margie at Brooks Event

When my Ilongga grandma was still alive, she always told us to get some exercise. We did not heed her advice and well, we carried on with our couch-potato lifestyles. Almost four years after her demise, I would have taken it upon myself to live a healthy (or semi, if you factor in my penchant for staying up late) lifestyle and I got into running and never looked back.

Tomorrow Brooks--one of the world's most trusted brands when it comes to running shoes--will hold its first major running event in the Philippines, entitled 'Brooks Run Happy' in which I have signed up for. The race kit comes with  a cool singlet what's cooler is the shout out bib where runners have the liberty to put anything they want to. Some will sign in their 'words to live by' and some will put encouraging words to motivate the other runners who might chance upon their SO bibs. In my case, since we just commemorated my grandma's supposed-to-be 84th birthday today, I signed my bib with these: 'Running Bitoy Runs for L. Margie." This is just a simple deed to thank the woman who made our bellies happy with her delicious cooking and for helping us appreciate the value of good health in a way or another.

Will Run Happy for you Lola!

The best cook on my Shout Out Bib; the best sardines on my Race Bib :)


No comments:

Post a Comment