Sunday, April 8, 2012

Of Things to Come

It has been a crazy time for me lately. Not that I am expecting things to be smooth-flowing. But without divulging too much personal stuffs, it hasn't been easy lately. Good thing is, there are things to look forward to. 


DM post

It was a very challenging and mind-wrecking week for me. Good thing is, there were things to look forward to this weekend. Yesterday, we went to Berkella Falls for some hiking, canyoning and rappelling. The first and the last were easy or moderately easy. But the middle guy. Think twice before messing up with him. Canyoning is like rappelling except that there is a resistance that you have to battle with while you rappel down. For us, it was the strong current of second cascade of Berkella Falls. Man, it was difficult to get up once the current dragged you down. I tried to fight and stand but the more I fought, the more I was dragged down. I did it twice but I failed twice. Well, charge it to experience.


This morning was for stair training with friends for our climb next month. I tried running up the stairs with my big backpack and tried to keep up with this friend who had the stamina of an antelope and hopped on the stairs like some small pebbles. Well, he didn't have a bag so he had the court advantage. I did 3 laps of the our condo bldg of our 18-story condo building. We took a short dip at the pool after and makan after that. Had a short nap, err, 3-hour nap, then woke up to do a short run. 


There are a lot of uncertainties in my immediate future. I am not too sure how to tackle them. Good thing is, in my more immediate future, I have this.


Bali Marathon
And a lot more....

No comments:

Post a Comment