Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thank You Tuesday: Razon's Halo-halo

Beginning this week, I will save Tuesday to trumpet my gratitude to things, persons and deities who  have made my running life extra meaningful or fun.


For this week, I am thankful for halo-halo. Yes, every Juan's quintessential summer cooler. But not just any halo-halo. I am thankful for Razon's halo-halo!


Razon's Halo-halo (picture from Razon's FB page)


You might be wondering how this ice dessert relates to running. Let me explain the connect, err, connection. 



One of the best things about running is the post-run meal. It may be something as light as a piece of banana or your favorite bottled juice or as heavy as a fully loaded meal. And I'm not just pertaining  to the KFC combo meal.


The McKinley Hill is a favorite running spot in Fort Bonifacio for its undulating pavements and uncrowded running routes (as compared to Bonifacio High Street) that makes you forgive the place for its ongoing developments. But for me, the route is just second best. The best thing about running in McKinley Hill is the tall glass of Razon's halo-halo that comes after it! 


The smoothly shaved ice. The succulent sweetened slices of plantains (saging na saba). The soft strips of macapuno. The leche flan toppings. All of these make me indulge this heaven in a glass up to the last drop and forget about the taxing hills of McKinley!



No comments:

Post a Comment