Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Thank You Tuesday: Garmin FR 305

Garmin watch showing my stats at Mayon 360 50 Mile Run...5,000 calories, whew!


My Garmin in action in 2010 Milo Marathon Manila elims (photo by Photovendo)


Today, I am thankful for my watch! Yes, my a year-and-so old Garmin FR 305 which has been with me in the great races I've run. Getting this gadget April of last year (through my officemates/friends who were in the US for a business trip) helped me a lot especially when I started training for my first half-marathon in May of that year. It was expensive and I could buy 10 Nokia cellphones with flashlights instead of getting this watch. But I can say that it's all worth it. The watch basically tells me how far, how long and how fast or slow have I been running. It comes with a heart rate monitor that I remember using only once because it kind of felt inconvenient wearing something below my chest especially in this humid weather. I love the training  center software that comes with it and how I can easily sync it with my dailymile account. 


So this Tuesday, I am thankful for GPS technology and my ever reliable (up to 12 hours of battery life) Garmin FR 305. 



2 comments:

  1. I have the 205, and also cannot run without it! Plus checking out the stats at the end of the year is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree. they may just be numbers but they also spell a lot of hard work and dedication. let's keep those numbers rolling! :D

    ReplyDelete