Friday, September 9, 2011

Hiatus in Africa and Missing Manila's Running Scene

partying in Angola!


I'm currently in Angola, Africa for work until next month. I've seen a few people running by the beach and my envy consumes me. Getting around is difficult since I don't have my own car and have to rely on the company shuttle vehicle. There's no gym in the guesthouse we are staying in and it makes me lazier to do any form of exercise. I sometimes have to content myself with a few pushups on those few days when I am not lazy. As the company is strict on safety, we are not allowed to wander alone, hence, road running is out of the picture. 


I miss the Philippines especially my family and friends. And the running scene.From its back-to-back weekend races to those challenging ultra races, forgive me for being biased but the Philippines has one of the most exciting running scenes in the world. Whenever I see my friends posting their recent running conquests, I am filled with ENVY. I miss the early morning calls for a race. The pre-race jitters. The crazy things that happen during the race. The commotion in every hydration stations. The camaraderie among runners. And that finish banner. The simple and quick gratification for some minutes or some hours of running. Simply put, I miss running in the Philippines!


I know five weeks is slow or fast depending on my attitude. But for now, hopefully, with some windfall, I get to run in Angola even just once. Else, running for now, will have to take a backseat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment