Monday, August 8, 2011

Bitoy Running in KL

Petronas towers view from KLLC park (inset: view from my hotel room)

I just arrived in KL yesterday. While I am excited to start a new phase in my ho-hum life, I am sad to leave my family and friends in the Philippines. I think I did not get to spend as much time with them as I wanted to since I was busy preparing. I got my visa and clearance just last week so some 'me' time was close to nil. But at least, I got to see most of my dear ones before I leave.

Anyway, I started work today with a bunch of other crazy pinoys. It was a bit overwhelming to get to understand the new environment I'll be having for the next years or so. So to cope with all the stress and all the other emotions and at least to make a running comeback after being sidelined for two weeks, I decided to do a short run. I have an obstructed view of the Petronas towers from my hotel room so I was wondering how it would look like uhm, unobstructed. So I ran from my hotel--with always the fear of being lost--and found my way in KLCC Park. 

It was in the evening so I really can't see well. But I can see there are lots of trees and there's a man-made lake. But the best come-on of the park is the perfect view of the Petronas. I remember a sappy movie I saw a year ago where one of the character likened the towers to two people holdings hands. I wish I could metaphorize the tower at this moment but I think I would have to save that later.

I enjoyed running for thirty minutes in this park teeming with trees and has a running trail. And with the Petronas towers hovering over me, it couldn't get any better.


No comments:

Post a Comment